This article is currently under construction. So expect incomplete information on this page.
Bejeweled Blitz LIVE
- "Created by matching 5 gems in a line. Swap it with a gem to zap all gems of the same color onscreen."
- — Bejeweled 3, mouseover description
It is created when the player matches 5 (or more in Bejeweled 2) gems in a row.
It can also be found occasionally buried in the dirt in Diamond Mine, where the player has to unbury it in order to be usable. It can also be made by matching 7 gems in a T shape in Bejeweled 2.
When swapped with any gem, it zaps all gems of that color off the board.
Starting with Bejeweled Blitz, if a Hypercube is swapped with another Hypercube, it will destroy all gems on the board in addition to a multi-colored lightning strike.
Known as the Annihilator in Bejeweled 3, it is useful when the player is about to run out of moves, as it can take out a lot of the gems in the board.
In Bejeweled Stars, this Special Gem can be swapped with other Special Gems in order to produce the following effects:
- Flame Gem/Star Gem: Detonates Special Gems of the same color and turns all normal gems of the same color into Flame Gems or Star Gems respectively.
- Hypercube (or DarkSphere): Clears the board, as of Bejeweled Blitz.
- This gem is not available in the Bejeweled Board Game.
- In Bejeweled 3 and 3-D versions of Bejeweled Blitz (e.g. PC version), the Hypercube gives off rainbow mist if the player looks closely.
- Starting with Bejeweled Blitz, it has mysterious-looking patterns on the sides of it representing all the primary and secondary colors if the player looks closely.
- A Hypercube in Euclidean space refers to a theoretical solid with all regular quadrilateral sides in four-dimensional space.
Specific to Bejeweled 2
- Matching a Hypercube with another one will only clear other Hypercubes on the board.
- In the early versions, the Hypercube was bubble-shaped.
- According to evidence found inside the game files, Hypercubes were originally known as Wildcard Destroyers.
- If Hardware Acceleration is enabled, this Special Gem makes a 'morphing square' animation.
- Detonating a Power Gem close to it will cause them to explode with rainbow-colored particles instead of activating its function.
Specific to Bejeweled 3
- In Ice Storm, Diamond Mine, and some Quests in Quest mode, Hypercubes are sometimes dropped onto the board.
- Matching 2 Hypercubes together would sometimes restore Hypercubes back onto the board: two Hypercubes in Classic mode and Zen mode; and only one Hypercube in Ice Storm mode.
- Matching 2 Hypercubes for the first time gives the player the Elite Badge, Annihilator.
Specific to Bejeweled Stars
- Hypercubes in Bejeweled stars looks like a 2x2x2 Rubik's cube but every face is colored chrome.
- Like Bejeweled Blitz, Bejeweled Blitz Live and Bejeweled 3, the Hypercube animation depicts it spinning continuously. In Bejeweled Stars an electricity-like effect is also present on the gem.
Names in other languages
Chāojí Néngliàng Bǎoshí
|Super Energy Gem|
|French||Hyper cube||Hyper Cube|
Bejeweled Blitz LIVE
|This article is a stub. You can help Bejeweled Wiki by expanding it as much as possible.|