Gravel is blocker in Bejeweled Stars. Introduced in Level 85 (Drill to the Core). It is the main blocker in this game, same to Multilayered Icing in Candy Crush Saga, and the most abundant blocker a player will come across whilst playing the game. As the game progresses, the blocker gathers more and more layers; therefore it makes the game harder. In many levels, Gravel-clearing is one of type level what can called "Gravel level".
Gravel occupies one square and is stuck until cleared. It can be broken by making matches adjacent to it, or through any special gem's effects reaching the blocker. This procedure needs to be repeated as many times as there are layers.
Explanation in game "Match gems next to Gravel to blast it away!"
Types of Gravel
- One-layered Gravel - It only takes one match adjoining to the slot to clear the slot. The color of this is light brown and has some dark brown striped.
- Two-layered Gravel - This blocker takes two hits to destroy. It features a gravel with a tawny layer center.
- Three-layered Gravel - This blocker takes three hits to destroy. It features a gravel with a lurid layer center.
- Four-layered Gravel - This blocker takes four hits to destroy. It features a gravel with a fuscous layer center.
- Five-layered Gravel - This blocker takes fives hits to destroy. It features a gravel with a black layer center