This article is currently under construction. So expect incomplete information on this page.
A Gem is a crystal-like object found in the Bejeweled (series). They come in many colors and shapes, and are the basis of the Bejeweled. The gameplay region is full with gems, and the player must clear them by swapping other adjacent gems. Gems can be swapped left and right or up and down. Depending on the mode the player is in, they will have to swap as many gems as they can to advance to the next level.
In the first and second games, the Red Gem had a quadratic shape. In Bejeweled 3, it had 8 edges to give it a more 'round' shape.
In the first game, the Orange Gem had a hexagonal shape. In Bejeweled 2 and 3, it has an icosahedron shape. It does not appear in Diamond Mine.
In all three games, the Yellow Gem is shaped like a rhombus, similar to the Red Gem. It is tilted at a 45 degree angle and is also a tad bit "sharper" than the Red Gem.
In the first game, the Green Gem was shaped similar to the Red Gem in Bejeweled 3. In Bejeweled 2 and 3, it is shaped more spherical and shaped like an octagon.
The Blue Gem, also known as the Cyan or Light Blue Gem, was shaped like a diamond in all three games. It had a light blue color in Bejeweled but starting with Bejeweled 2, its color was blue.
The Purple Gem, also known as the Pink Gem, or the Magenta Gem, has a triangular shape and a pinkish purple color throughout all three games.
In all three games, the White Gem has a rough spherical shape. It is the smoothest of all seven normal gems.
See Special Gems.
See Rare Gems.
- Ever since Bejeweled was released, gems appeared in several PopCap games as cameos. These are the following:
- In Zuma's Revenge!, a White Gem and a Red Gem can be seen in the statue of Serpent Scuffle (Zone 6).
- In Alchemy, different colored variations of the green gem (except the stage 5 marker is actually a green version of the white gem) appear as stage markers.
- In some versions of Plants vs. Zombies, gems from Bejeweled 2 can be found under the achievements page after scrolling down the achievements. Other cameos from other PopCap games can be found as well.
- In Bookworm Adventures Vol. 1, a Red Gem is the stage marker in the chapter :"Underworld".
Names in other languages