When a Bomb Gem counts down to zero, a warning klaxon sounds, the screen focuses on the Bomb Gem, and then the Disarm Spinner appears. The wheel is divided into eight equal sections, each of which has a gem icon on it. Upon activation, however, two opposing icons become skulls. After this alteration, the wheel begins to spin. When the spinner reaches full turning speed, the button that stops the wheel becomes active. The object is to stop the spinner (by selecting the stop button) so that two gem icons align with the Bomb Gem. If the wheel lands on a pair of skulls, the game ends in which the Bomb Gem explodes. If the wheel lands on a pair of gems, the Bomb Gem disappears and the game resumes. The counters of all Bomb Gems and Doom Gems on the game board increase by six as well.
When another Bomb Gem counts down to zero, the Disarm Spinner activates with two more gem icons replaced with skulls. This means the probability of continuing the game decreases by increments of 25% upon each encounter with the wheel. However, further uses of the spinner after three times in a single game always give a 1 in 4 chance of survival.
- Bomb Gems removed via disarmament do not reward the points and Chain Meter bonuses they give when cleared by basic matching or the effects of other gem types.
- The time it takes for the Disarm Spinner to stop upon selecting the stop button is always different.
- Quitting Bejeweled Twist while disarming a Bomb Gem saves the game's progress to when the Bomb Gem's counter reached one.
- The gem icons on the Disarm Spinner match the color of the Bomb Gem being disarmed.
- The words that revolve around the Disarm Spinner read "DANGER: BOMB CRITICAL" twice. They also vary among the other regional versions of Bejeweled Twist:
- French: DANGER : BOMBE CRITIQUE ("DANGER: BOMB CRITICAL")
- German: GEFAHR: BOMBE SCHARF ("DANGER: BOMB ARMED")
- Italian: PERICOLO! LA BOMBA STA PER ESPLODERE! ("DANGER! THE BOMB IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE!")
- Japanese: 危険: 爆弾あり (Kiken: Bakudan Ari; "DANGER: THERE IS A BOMB")
- Portuguese: PERIGO: BOMBA PERIGOSA ("DANGER: BOMB DANGEROUS")
- Spanish: PELIGRO: BOMBA AL LÍMITE (DANGER: BOMB AT ITS LIMIT")
- If the 3D Acceleration option is disabled, the text around the Disarm Spinner does not rotate.
- Other regional versions of Bejeweled Twist feature their own tutorial screen of the Disarm Spinner. However, the Japanese version features the same image as the one in the English version.
- There is unused music in the game files that were most likely meant for the Disarm Spinner.
Names in other languages
|French||Roue de désamorçage||Defuse Wheel|
|Italian||Giro del disarmo||Disarmament Rotation|
Bakudan Kaijo Rūretto
|Bomb Cancellation Roulette|
|Spanish||Ruleta de desactivación||Deactivation Roulette|