|Release date||December 7, 2010|
The standard mode of gameplay where players can match as many gems as they can as long as they continue to have moves. If there are no moves left, the game ends.
The endless mode of the game. Here, players can relax without the stress of running out of moves and with the mode's included Zen Options and collect as many points as possible.
This mode is a fast-paced game where players collect as many points as they can in one minute. Along the way, there are Time Gems which extends the playing time for the next round with an increased mutliplier.
There are 40 Quests divided into five relics of increasing difficulty. Each relic has eight mini games for the player to play.
Players have to match gems to form "hands" of cards to gain points. Certain hands will be disallowed from being made with generating skulls as the game progresses. If the player makes a hand and loses the coin flip after, the game ends.
A hidden mode where they collect treasure by digging underground. Players gain extra time by clearing the top-most rows.
A mode where the player has to match as many butterflies as they can before any one gets captured by a spider at the top.
A mode where ice is climbing up the board. Players are thus tasked with crushing columns, the aim is to survive for as long as they can before the board freezes over.
Bejeweled 3 Plus
On July 27, 2012, Bejeweled 3 was re-released (colloquially known as Bejeweled 3 Plus) in mainland China. The Chinese edition of Bejeweled 3 features exclusive upgrades to the original game that extends it with new features and gameplay modes, as well as certain changes to decrease the difficulty for the player. New modes and gameplay changes include the following:
- Timebomb Eclipse: Bombs come down from the top of the screen, similar to Bejeweled Twist. The player has 60 seconds to destroy each individual bomb that comes on screen; this time will decrease the more bombs that are destroyed. The game is over once one of the bombs' timer reaches 0.
- Strategy Bomb: Like Timebomb Eclipse, bombs come down from the top of the screen. However, similar to Bomb Gems' behavior in Bejeweled Twist, a counter is feature on the face of the gem that ticks down every time that a move is made. The game is over either once one of the bombs' timer reaches 0, or your score exceeds 1 Million, as the games drops a 0 bomb at the milestone and end your game.
- Blazing Speed now takes nine quick consecutive matches, rather than the original game's fifteen. This could be considered as a way for creating an easier difficulty balance to assist in prolonging gameplay in both Lightning Mode and Timebomb Eclipse.
- Unlike its original incarnation, Ice Storm now has Blazing Speed available during gameplay, similar to Lightning Mode and Timebomb Eclipse.
- Although the gems' graphics were reused from Bejeweled Twist, this game's (and also Bejeweled Blitz) icon shows the Blue Gem graphic from Bejeweled 2.
- If Hardware Acceleration is disabled;
- The loading circle won't appear (although, the stars will still stay).
- The maximum resolution is 800x600.
- Instead of a wormhole, the transition is replaced with a crystal ball transition (the similar transition when the player enters a game mode).
- The main menu floor is different.
- Rotatable backgrounds will be "flat" and slide instead.
- The in-game backgrounds won't animate.